Its been a long time (35 years?) since I tangled with exams and results.
Not to speak of prizes. And so one wonders if the blogosphere has adopted the Indian festival calendar for spreading cheer around.
Just received an Brilliant Weblog award from Sucharita Sarkar at Whynotblogitout. Its special, because she is in the profession of teaching English, and its been ages since I got a prize from any teachers :-) . Thank you.
This award is for blogs whose content and/or design are brilliant as well as creative. The purpose of the prize is to promote as many blogs as possible in the blogosphere. Here are the rules :
1. When you receive the prize you must write a post showing it, together with the name of who has given it to you, and link them back
2. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs (or even more) that you find brilliant in their content or design.
3. Show their names and links and leave them a comment informing they were prized with ‘Brilliant Weblog’
4. Show a picture of those who awarded you and those you give the prize (optional).
5. And then we pass it on!
So here are my choices for the award of the Brilliant Weblog Award :
1. Kartikeya at A Cricketing View , for introducing me to blogging, and for his single minded dedication to blogging about the bat and ball, sillypoints, fine legs, and other anatomical impossibilities.
2. Pearl for her Pearl, Why You Little... , full of joie-de-vivre
3. June Saville's 70 plus and still kicking , a rocking blog of a rocking creative-writing senior
4. Gayatri at Treedom of Expression , for narrowing a generation gap, and doing wonderful blogs about her wildlife adventures ....
5 RajK at my2cents, for her interesting observations on meeting various folks as she gets on with the business of living in a nondesi environment
6. Windy skies , a very informative, detailed and wonderful blog on the human element in our festivities, traditions, and behaviour of run-of-the-mill folks......
7. Judy at Living on the other side of the Hill her Suddenly Senior blog with lots of Suddenly Senior fun stuff.
Here in India , the festival season , the season for fun and giving is about to begin. Have fun giving awards to blogs you have enjoyed......